Counterbore Tool – DM 4253 – provides the correct hole to use the wood plug kit with. Using this will provide the perfect finish on your bamboo or hardwood decking. Often used on screening as well.
DM 4253 – CounterBore Tool
The CounterBore Tool – wood is very unique for the starting board in secret fixing and also like a boat deck you can conceal the fixings by then inserting the Wood plug/dowel part.
Used in the preparation of installing Deck-Max secret fixing – This will be used to fix on the outside or the First board and last board and framing board plus other areas that a biscuit cannot be used. “Plug & Dowel”
Patent Protected design exclusive to Deck-Max.
Adjustable depth collar with Replaceable drill bit – part # [DM 4280]
The Collar stops spinning when the correct depth is reached
The factory setting is set to match the DM 4277 wooden plug kit.
The CounterBore tool runs a pilot hole through the decking board into the joist at the same time it cuts the hole ready to receive the wooden plug. The roll of the drill bit is to hold the Bore tool straight and steady while cutting this precise hole.
If fixing into hardwood joists go back to the pilot hole and drill to full depth to suit the screw using the 3mm drill bit provided in each kit. Always test first to be sure hole size, location and depth are correct.
Adjustable depth collar for varying depths.
Replaceable drill bit – part # [DM 4280] pack of 3
Collar stops spinning when the correct depth is reached
The factory setting is set to match the DM 4277 wooden plug kit
Note: do not use any drill bit that is not Deck-Max product – see item DM 4280.
Please review the videos
|Dimensions||21 × 15 × 13 cm|
Product Reference No: DM 4253
Product: CounterBore Tool
Master Carton Quantity: 8 Quantity
Single Pack: 1 x tool in a Blister pack comes with key (Hex key), and 1 x spare drill bit.
- Clean out hole prior to fixing screw
- Do not over tighten the screw or you will break the underside of the decking
- Always run a second drill bit to set the depth of the screw
- When starting the hole scribe the surface first then apply downward pressure
- To cut hole – this will prevent chipping of the surrounding surface.
- When replacing the drill bit and BEFORE you loosen the grub screws cut a fine mark on the collar of the BORE section so you will have a precise mark to re set the outer crom back onto after the drill bit is refitted.
Drill bit pack of 3 – Very specific drill bit used to replace damaged or blunt drill bits in the CounterBore Tool.
Wood Plug Kit – used as the perfect fit to marry to the CounteBore tool hole.
WHAT GOES WITH THIS ITEM
CounterBore tool – DM 4253
CounterSink Tool – DM 4260
Wood Plug Kit – DM 4277